Code Of Ethics
The Education industry is now highly specialized and the normal clients depend upon professional educational consultants to guide them wisely. The growing number of education consultants and their increased scale of activities require their adherence to fair dealing and ethical practices. Therefore, each AIECCA member by reason of their membership admits and acknowledges that they are aware of the AIECCA Code of Ethics and subscribes to and supports the precepts and principles contained therein.
Relations with the Public:
- An AIECCA member should eliminate any practices which may be harmful to the public or to the dignity and integrity of the profession of education consultants and counselors.
- An AIECCA member shall report in writing to the respective state committee on any alleged unethical or unlawful practice which comes to their attention, accompanied by all evidence which they are able to produce in support of the allegations. Such a report shall be confidential in nature and unless otherwise agreed shall not be disclosed to any person. If, after due consideration of the evidences, the state committee considers the report as sufficiently valid, it shall submit the same to AIECCA Head office with its comments and recommendations.
- An AIECCA member should keep him/her and his/her staff informed and updated in respect of all the important aspects of counseling requirements, in order to give the clients effective, accurate and professional advice, so as to fulfill the main objective of the Association.
- An AIECCA member should have adequate knowledge of procedure and requirements of National and State Authorities.
- An AIECCA member shall consider every deal with their clients strictly confidential in nature and shall not disclose any related information, which may be damaging to either the clients or the contract.
- At the time of discussions related to the admission procedures, an AIECCA member or his/her staff should fully inform their clients on all formalities and expenses involved in the program, and ensure, to the best of his/her ability, that such formalities have been satisfied.
- An AIECCA member shall use all the available advertising materials to convince the public of the advantages of dealing with an AIECCA member. Moreover, the AIECCA logo should be incorporated in all the advertising materials issued by him/her/her. The AIECCA member shall display the AIECCA emblem on the entrance, display windows and on all official stationary.
- An AIECCA member shall not imitate, simulate or copy any name, design, style, mark or pattern used by another AIECCA member or Principal without prior permission.
- In his/her advertising, an AIECCA member shall avoid incorrect and misleading statements, doubtful superlatives and any negative reference to his/her competitors or fellow counselors.
- An AIECCA member shall give accurate information of educational institutes that is suitable for the students by learning their need accurately.
- An AIECCA member shall render advice which would assist the student in the selection of appropriate educational institute in terms of educational level and economic capacity of the student.
- An AIECCA member shall perform the acts only based on the written agreement, which mentions all the matters including service charge, concluded with the concerned student or guardian, and shall not be allowed to perform other acts beyond the written agreement.
- An AIECCA member shall not mislead, startle and influence wrongfully the clients in any manner by means of his/her advertisement.
- An AIECCA member shall observe the instruction of the Association, give information to the Association on the matters of professional right and interest and to take advice from the Association with regard to the problems occur from time to time.
- AIECCA advices all students and parents seeking counseling for their higher education to approach only the certified members of AIECCA.
- AIECCA, from its inception, values its responsibility towards the society, and therefore hosts a number of scholarships on timely manner to the native Indian citizens.
Relations with Institutions :
- The AIECCA members shall, at all times, follow the best traditions of ethics and impartiality, and fair deal with the prospective clients and the institutions which they represent.
- The AIECCA members shall make themselves thoroughly conversant with the fees details, regulations and changes in procedure introduced by institutions.
- The AIECCA members shall not make any false, deceptive or misleading statements to any institutions or any other interested party.
- In the event of a complaint or grievance, the AIECCA member shall give the National committee an opportunity to make a full investigation, before taking any action on his/her part.
Relations with other Educational Consultants:
- An AIECCA member shall conduct his/her business in such a way that avoids conflicts and controversies with his/her fellow educational consultants and counselors. In the event of a controversy between AIECCA members, the matter should be settled by mutual discussions, failing which it should be brought to the notice of the AIECCA Executive Committee for settlement before any direct course of action is resorted to by the parties.
- An AIECCA member shall not denigrate the business dealing of another AIECCA member and shall not volunteer any negative opinions thereon. If his/her opinion is sought, it should be given with strict professional integrity and courtesy.
- The AIECCA member shall not willfully violate any decision of AIECCA Executive Committee. He/She shall adhere to the decisions, Memoranda of Understanding or agreements initiated by AIECCA from time to time.
- An AIECCA member shall secure, preferably, a No Objection Certificate or at least a relieving letter from the previous employer of any person whom the former is planning to employ, particularly if the previous employer is an AIECCA member. The former shall help the latter in recovering dues, if any, from such an employee.
- An AIECCA member shall circulate the names of defaulter institutions in his/her client list strictly as per the mode and format specified by AIECCA, sufficiently in advance, to save other AIECCA members from any risk of business loss.
- An AIECCA member shall endeavor to participate regularly in the meetings of their respective regions or state, and shall contribute to the best of his/her ability in promoting the interests of the Association.
- The proceedings of all meetings of AIECCA should be kept confidential and decisions taken shall not be disclosed, in part or full, to anyone not belonging to the Association.